Beginning August 23 and for the foreseeable future, we are returning to ONE SUNDAY SERVICE AT 10:00 AM. We will gather IN PERSON at our church building and our service will be LIVE-STREAMED simultaneously.
We believe this move to reunite the church will serve to gather all of our members for the same worship service, whether in person or online, allowing for all to sing together, hear the same announcements and sermon, and share communion as one body.
Each service will continue to be a one hour “modified” service (detailed in our previous updates) with no children’s ministry. Below are a few reminders about our core convictions, which have guided us through each phase of reopening and will continue to. And we also have included the requirements for our indoor services below.
Our Core Convictions:
- The people of God are meant to gather together in person to worship God, receive the preaching of God’s word, participate in the sacraments, exercise spiritual gifts, and communicate the love of God to each other (Heb. 2:12, Psalm 35:18, Psalm 40:9, 1 Cor. 14:26, Heb. 10:24-25)
- We are committed to listening to and following the Holy Spirit who leads, speaks, and wisely directs through a variety of means (Gal. 5:25).
- We will continue to care about and steward the safety and health of our members and visitors during this world-wide pandemic. (1 Peter 5:2-3, Acts 20:28, Prov. 27:23)
- We will continue to seek to love our city and our neighbor as ourselves by cooperating in the efforts to limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus in our community (Jer. 29:7, Mark 12:30-31).
- We will lead towards and fight for unity in the body (Eph. 4:3, John 17:21-23) knowing that every person and every conscience will approach reopening differently. We will demonstrate faith by providing services for those who are willing to gather; and we will demonstrate caution by providing continued online ministry and gatherings for those who will worship at home (Rom. 14:23).
- Evaluation: Our plan will follow a “Phase +14” idea. This will allow for at least 14 days to closely observe and evaluate of the impact of each new phase. We are committed to evaluating the results of our gatherings as well as the data from our community, state, and country. If circumstances change such that we must take steps backward, we will be ready to take those steps in humility (Prov. 22:3, 27:12).
Guidelines for Indoor Gatherings:
- Our gathering spaces will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to and after services.
- The outside doors will be opened for you as you enter, and the inside doors to the auditorium will remain open.
- The lobby will have hand sanitizer on tables and will serve as an “overflow” room if needed.
- WE ARE REQUIRING THAT FACE MASKS BE WORN INSIDE THE BUILDING for safety and concern for others, especially during singing
- The auditorium will have approximately 500 chairs set up, with 6-7 feet between rows.
- We require that you sit and remain as a family unit throughout the service, six feet apart from other families. NOTE: Four chairs = Six feet.
- Attention and care will need to be given by families with children for both safety and appropriate social distancing
- We ask that you also observe social distancing throughout our entire indoor gathering
- Once the service has completed, please plan to exit the building for fellowship outside (this will also give us a chance to clean between services).
- We ask that you refrain from all physical contact with others (hugs / handshakes, etc.)
- We will not pass offering plates, but will have a box for in-person giving available in the back of the auditorium
- The Youth Room will serve as an “overflow” room for restless children
- The restrooms and nursing moms room will be accessible
- The rest of the building will remain closed and classrooms will be locked
While wearing face masks indoors may not be your preference, we hope the instinct and opportunity to love and serve others will guide us; and we will monitor the necessity of face masks as we progress. Finally, as has been the case in the previous stages, if you have ANY SYMPTOMS connected with Covid-19 please refrain from gatherings at the church. And if you become infected, please let the pastors know so that we can pray, care for you and determine what to do regarding our gatherings.
See you Sunday, Lord willing!
Redeemer Church Pastors and Staff